A DIY jewelry roll can offer an array of benefits for those looking to organize and display their favorite pieces. Not only are you putting your own creative stamp on your collection, but a DIY jewelry roll also helps keep everything better organized.
With a well-assembled jewelry roll, pieces won’t get lost in the shuffle, tangled up while traveling, or scratched while sitting in a drawer. Plus, it’s an easy way to separate different types of pieces so that they don’t become clumped together – from earrings and necklaces to bracelets and rings.
Inspiration from other DIYers can be very helpful when creating a unique jewelry roll. Take this opportunity to delve into the experience of others who have put time and effort into crafting their own custom look.
You could implement some of their techniques to make sure that everything stays organized and lasts for years. One example is someone who sewed each piece into tiny pockets with ribbons attached so that they could be carried easily within the fold of the pillowcase – great advice for those interested in making travel size jewelry rolls.
One more advantage is that you get to choose whatever fabric or materials you want to use for your jewelry roll so that it really captures the feel you want. You can search online and through stores for fabric options such as canvas, velvet, burlap, corduroy or any number of other patterns and solids in endless colors; giving each piece a personalized setting which further enhances its beauty and ensures the longevity of your collection.
To complete the look you could even add special charms to give things that extra touch of character. For instance, adding little stars or moon shapes along with glass beads or small shells will bring texture and charm without becoming overwhelming.
Creating a DIY jewelry roll may sound daunting at first but by taking a closer look at what others have done – and getting creative with colors, textures pattern tastes-it doesn’t need to be intimidating With enough determination it’s possible to design something you’re sure to love so much that everyone asks ‘Where did you get it?’
In short – not only does designing your own jewelry roll help save time flipping through countless storage options but it also provides ample opportunity express your individuality through custom craftsmanship.
What You Need to Get Started with Your DIY Jewelry Roll
- Jewelry rolls
- Sewing machine
- Fusible webbing, if you’d like extra reinforcement on the seams
Making a jewelry roll from repurposed fabric is a great way to keep all your jewelry in one place and organize your accessories. Here are the steps needed to make your own DIY Jewelry Roll:
Step 1: Cut Your Fabric Pieces Measure the length of the jewelry roll with a tape measure and cut two pieces of fabric slightly larger than the size of the rolls.
You can choose a patterned or plain fabric for this part of the project, depending on what you like.Step 2: Assemble The Roll Lay one piece of fabric right side up on a flat surface and place the jewelry roll at one end of it.
Then fold over both edges so that they meet at the center.
This will form a pocket-like shape where you can store small items like rings and earrings.Step 3: Sew The Roll Secure the rolled sides together by sewing them using either hand-stitching or a sewing machine.
You can reinforce the seams with fusible webbing for an extra layer of protection.Step 4: Add Accessories
Optional: if you want to, you can sew pockets onto either side of the necklace holder for added storage space.
Be sure to leave enough room at either edge so that accessories won’t slip out too easily.
Tips and Tricks for Creating Your Own DIY Jewelry Roll
Jewelry rolls offer an effortless way to keep your jewelry organized and are a great project for beginner sewers. An array of fabrics, trims, and notions can be used to customize this project to your personal style. Here are some tips and tricks for creating your own DIY jewelry roll:
- Choose the right materials
When selecting fabrics, trims, interfacing and thread consider what the end use of the jewelry roll will be. If you plan on traveling with the roll, use sturdy fabric and quality interfacing that is upholstery grade. This will support the contents of the case without changing its shape or structure while also helping protect it from getting damaged.
- Select closures
Velcro® or press studs make great closures for jewelry rolls as they help keep all contents secure when closed and open wide enough to easily access individual items. Tie closures can also be used but make sure they tie tightly otherwise items may not stay contained when it is rolled up. Decorative buttons can also be added for additional security and embellishment.
- Plan layout and sizing
It helps to lay out your supplies before construction so you know where each item should go in relation to each other. Measurements should take into account certain items such as necklaces that need a large enough space between pouches where clips or clasps can fasten onto adjacent pieces when closed properly. It’s best practice to have deeper pockets at the end of the jewelry pouch where larger items like watches, glasses, etc., can fit comfortably.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making a DIY Jewelry Roll
Making a jewelry roll is a fun and economical craft that can be used to store and organize earrings, necklaces, rings, and other small accessories. Here are some steps for getting started:
- Gather your materials. You will need fabric (you may want two contrasting patterns or colors of fabric), craft glue or hot glue, a needle and thread, scissors, ribbon, rubber bands or hair ties, and stuffing.
- Cut out the pieces for your jewelry roll. Cut two large rectangles of approximately 24″ by 12″ from your fabric. Use one of these pieces as the backing of your roll – it should remain unturned.
- Stitch a tube with the second rectangle. Fold this piece in half lengthwise on the wrong side – the wrong sides are the sides with little bumps – then sew along the top and bottom edges of three sides of the rectangle. Make sure to leave a small opening so you can turn the tube right-side out after stitching.
Once you have created your tube you can begin assembling your jewelry roll. Begin by placing one end of the tube inside the other so that they meet in the middle on one end only (this will be where you hold it together). Next use thin sewing thread to tie up both ends to keep them together securely. Make sure not to pull them too tight otherwise it will cause gaps between them when they’re all rolled up together.
Now it’s time to add some padding to make sure everything fits in properly when rolled up. First cut strips of batting or stuffing into 2″ x 4″ layers – this will be what protects all those earrings.
Stick each layer onto another piece of fabric with glue, then stitch around each layer using a zigzag stitch (this acts as an extra security measure). The batting should fit snugly within your tube – once all four strips are placed inside sew up any open seams on either end securely.
Last but not least attach a ribbon closure across one end – jazz it up by using contrasting ribbons if desired. Place some scrap fabric at both ends then tie off both ribbons together on either side; this helps create an aesthetically pleasing closure while making sure everything stays put when tucked away in drawers or travel bags.
Ideas for Decorating Your DIY Jewelry Roll
Creating customized jewelry rolls is a great way to have easy access to your favorite accessories. Decorating your DIY jewelry roll can add a unique and personal touch, making it a one-of-a-kind item. With some simple craft supplies and imagination, here are endless possibilities for decorating your DIY Jewelry Roll.
- Fabric – pick out fun prints or fabrics that matches your wardrobe
- Embellishments – add ribbons, jewels, fabric flowers, sequins to the edges
- Paint – make each section of your jewelry roll individual with paint or markers
- Stamps – use rubber stamps or fabric paints to customize sections of the roll.
- Cut the fabrics into two pieces. One should be longer in length than the other
- Sew the shorter piece of fabric onto one side of the longer piece using a sewing machine
- Fold over the edge twice so you can seam it shut
- Sew a line in two places across the width of the fabric pair. This will create three sections within when folding into thirds
- Save eight inches at one end to make a tie closure by stitching Velcro along both sides at this opening. Stitch ribbon onto there opposite end which will act as an inner tie/drawstring closure along top and bottom edges to further secure contents inside.
Storing Accessories in Your DIY Jewelry Roll
A DIY jewelry roll is a great way to organize and store your favorite accessories. With a few simple materials, you can create a unique item that allows you to keep all of your precious items in one place. Below are some ideas on how to make the most out of your jewelry roll so that it serves you for years to come.
- Organize by Color: Separate the different-colored gems and metals within the roll. This way, when you’re ready to pick out an accessory, it will be easy for you to find it.
- Store Pieces Independently: Place each piece of jewelry in its own smaller pouch. Not only will this add security to the piece but it also ensures that no scratches or chips from another object will occur.
- Hang Earrings Separately: For good measure, hang each pair of earrings independently inside the roll instead of them being bundled together with other earrings. This keeps them secure while protecting their design.
Using dividers as part of your DIY jewelry roll can help create an organized look and maximize storage capacity. The dividers act as separators between different types of pieces such as rings, necklaces or bracelets. Using various sizes can accommodate larger items such as chokers or statement pieces.
- Choose Appropriate Materials: Make sure that whatever fabric is used is sturdy enough for long-term use so that your jewelry remains safe over time.
- Include Labels: Use colorful labels indicating which slot holds what type of item to make finding pieces even easier.
- Mix And Match Beads & Charms: Consider adding decorative beads at each corner and along any straps for a more personalized touch.
Now that you have put together the main pieces of your jewelry roll, it’s time to focus on the finishing touches. Making your jewelry roll just right for you is largely about the details. What materials do you want to use to add some flair? Here are a few ideas for embellishments:
- Fabric – choose fun prints that match with the other colors in your jewelry roll
- Embroidery – give it some personality by adding embroidered accents
- Lace or trim – thin and intricate trims can lend an air of elegance and sophistication
- Ribbons – thinner ribbons could be used to tie up drawstring closures
- Buttons or beads – look for large and outrageous colorful buttons or sequins for a more lively look
- Mirrors – create contrast in the fabric with small square mirrors as focal points
Materials Selection: Crafting Your own Unique Jewelry Roll”
When selecting materials, think through what will work best with the rest of your design. For instance if you are aiming for something more glamorous and flashy, bright colors such as red, orange, turquoise, purple, pink etc may be a good choice. If subtle texture is desired try using fabrics such as denim. For an unusual approach choose fabrics such as velvet, burlap, corduroy etc.
Decorative elements like lace can bring texture and dimension without being overly showy. For added visual interest this material can easily be combined with ribbon and fabric flowers. A romantic twist could be provided by adding sheer organza or other silky fabric for a truly delicate effect.
Alternately beads sure do make an impact. Beads come in all shapes and sizes so be sure to pick one’s that fit perfectly into your overall design plan. Embellishments like buttons can also be used to add variety but care should be taken not to overdo them so that they don’t disrupt unity in the composition.
Finally consider incorporating mirrors into your jewelry roll which can reflect light thus creating variance in the color palette. Mirrors seamlessly blend well with fabric giving them a polished yet understated look to complete your craft project successfully.
Crafting a diy jewelry roll is an exciting way to express your creativity and indulge in a fun, practical project that comes with a usable reward. But beyond the initial satisfaction of making something functional with your own hands, there are many great reasons why a DIY jewelry roll is an ideal project for anyone who loves getting creative.
Even beginners can easily create beautiful and unique pieces from everyday materials like ribbon, fabric scraps, and sequins with minimal skillset required – making them perfect choices for those learning to sew or embellish crafting projects.
With some inspiration and simple supplies like PVC tubes, fabrics, cardboard paper rolls, glue gun and pins you can make so many interesting designs. The possibilities are truly endless – from sleek modern styles to decorative floral patterns that will dazzle any bedroom dresser they’re placed on.
You could also use additional items like buttons, beads and thread to make accessories more eye-catching and versatile. Furthermore, it won’t take long before you complete these personal jewelry projects as they don’t require extensive sewing skills or experience; all you need is some creativity in order to accomplish a stunning end result.
Pretty soon enough people around you may start taking notice of these fashionable yet functional accessories adorning your drawers or dressing cabinet walls. And best of all?
Once you’re done crafting your jewelry holder of choice there’s no need to break the bank – just find some supplies lying around the house such as tape measurers cardboard rolls or fabric strips, cut them into desired shapes/lengths then get started with adding colour or texture until you attain desired results.
Click on [insert link here] to open our gallery filled with wonderfully unique completed projects that serve as inspiring jumping-off points for when creating your very own diy jewelry roll. With so many potential combinations available what are you waiting for? Start designing today.
Welcome to my jewelry blog! My name is Sarah and I am the owner of this blog.
I love making jewelry and sharing my creations with others.
So whether you’re someone who loves wearing jewelry yourself or simply enjoys learning about it, be sure to check out my blog for insightful posts on everything related to this exciting topic!