Diy Jewelry Cube is a relatively new and innovative way to store jewelry. It consists of 3 main components – an open base, several removable cubes fitted on top of the base, and individual storage containers that fit inside each cube. Each cube can be rearranged and customized according to the user’s needs and preferences.
What makes this method so popular is its convenience. Instead of having traditional jewelry boxes filled with tangled up pieces which take time to sift through, jewelry stored in a DIY Jewelry Cube is much easier to access, as it allows users to divide their pieces into cubbies that can be easily accessed from the top of the cube base.
The most popular type of DIY Jewelry Cube is made out of wood, although plastic versions are also available for those who want something lighter. A wooden DIY Jewelry Cube usually comes in several shades-from natural wood to a variety of bright colors.
This makes each cube completely customizable, allowing users to match it with any decor they might have in their home or office space. On top of that, DIY Jewelry Cubes also come with additional features such as velvet-lined drawers and organizer trays for extra convenience when storing small items like rings and earrings.
Besides being aesthetically pleasing, using a DIY Jewelry Cube is incredibly practical since the user can arrange the compartments however they desire and keep all their jewelry neatly organized every time they close the lid. With regular cleaning and maintenance, this type of product will last years without needing replacement due to its durable construction materials.
All in all, when it comes to convenient methods of containing your favorite pieces of jewelry in one place without spending too much money or taking up too much space-DIY jewelry cubes are an ideal solution.
Popular DIY Ideas
A jewelry cube is a great way to make use of any small space, and it can help you display necklaces, earrings, watches, and other jewelry pieces. When creating your own jewelry cube, there are several different directions you could take depending on what look and feel you’re going for. We have put together a list of popular DIY ideas to help get you started.
- Modern Design: Use sleek materials such as wood or metal to create a modern look. A modern design will also give your jewelry cube a more minimalistic appeal, so use open shelves that allow you to showcase your favorite pieces without being too cluttered.
- Vintage Design : If you’re more interested in capturing a vintage effect then consider using antique furniture or antiques finds. Going with something vintage also often requires painting and staining techniques that imitate an older era.
- Inspiration from Others: A great starting point is exploring the ideas of others by searching through Pinterest, magazines and online sources for inspiration. You will be able to find hundreds of unique styles according to the materials used and overall designs.
Once you have decided on the style for your jewelry cube, pick out some materials that work well with it such as wood and metal panels for structure. Measure the space where your jewelry cube will go so the layout is perfect for displaying your items. Depending on the type of design you choose, adding shelves or drawers may be optional but can always add depth to the overall look.
When designing your own look, don’t forget about accessories. Using knobs with interesting shapes or crafty textures adds character when opening drawers while also providing visual dimension from afar. Or hang some smaller items using decorative hooks-your imagination is truly the limit.
Making a DIY jewelry cube requires several materials. For the basic structure, you will need pieces of wood that are 1/4″ thick for the sides and 1/2″ thick for the bottom. The pieces should all be the same length and width to build up the cube.
You can use fabric to line the inside of the box in order to protect delicate items or plastic sheeting. Both options provide protection against wear and tear as well as any moisture that may enter through cracks in the wood.
Paint And Sealant
For a more decorative look, you can paint your wooden pieces before assembling them into a cube. Choose a color and sheen that will match your decor’s style, keeping in mind that darker colors will hide dirt and fingerprints easier than light colors. Once painted, apply an outdoor sealant over all four sides of your wooden cube to protect if from damages caused by humidity or weather conditions.
Glue And Fasteners
To secure your pieces in place while constructing the cube, you can use a type of adhesive glue or nails depending on your preference. Connecting the sides together with sturdy glue is best so that moisture won’t get between joints and cause problems later on. If you choose to use nails, it is important to buy ones that are made specifically for outdoor use so they don’t rust when exposed to moisture in the air.
Finally, once you have assembled all of these materials together into a jewellery cube, choose small handles or knobs to accessorize your item with just enough personality without making it appear cluttered. Make sure whatever hardware chosen certifies corrosion resistant steel or brass so it survives salty air and humid climates without rusting out too quickly.
DIY Step by Step Guide
1. Gather the necessary materials: You will need 32 small cubes, 16 large cubes, 4 types of glue or adhesive, two pieces of foam core board and one type of construction paper.
2. Create the cube: Start with the concave side of each cube and join them together with gloves. Once you’ve completed constructing a perfect cube it should measure 12inx12inx12in. After this is done, secure in place using glue or adhesive to help keep it together and strengthen it overall.
3. Paper sides: Using your favorite construction paper cut it at 11inx11in size for all 6 sides of your jewelry cube. Apply a layer of glue to each piece on one side and begin covering the exterior sides one by one until all are covered all around and reinforce them further with adhesive if needed.
4. Foam core boards: Cut 2 x 11inx11in sheets from a foam board for further reinforcement optional.
Hot glue both sides per sheet onto opposing sides then cover once more with decorative paper matching existing wrapping style from previous step 5.
Completion: When you have finished wrapping up your jewelry cube’s outer surface which is now protected due to layers added in above steps it is now time to move into final phase where you can use drawers divider organizers create visual appearance keeping jewellery separately from one another for easy access & maintaining its shine at same time as well.
Different Types of Jewelry Cubes
Jewelry cubes are great for organizing and displaying your jewelry. An attractive way of both decluttering and adding a touch of style to your living space, these useful items come in various shapes and sizes to fit anyone’s needs.
The following describes the different types of cubes available on the market:
- Standing Cubes – Standing cubes are similar to bookshelves but specially designed for jewelry. This type is often made out of wood, which makes it perfect for sitting atop dressers or side tables. It typically consists of several vertical cubbies that can be arranged as desired.
- Rotating Cubes – Another popular option is the rotating cube. It features several drawers that can rotate around a central pole, giving you an easier access to all of your jewelries without having to move anything.
- Wall-Mounted Cubes – If you don’t have any floor or tabletop space available, wall-mounted cubes may be the best option for you. These types are attached directly onto a wall and usually have multiple shelves with enough room to accommodate many pieces at once.
- Floating Cubes – Floating cubes make good use of limited space by helping you store and display your jewelries in an inventive way. These great looking units usually have several compartments that hover over a flat surface such as dresser or mantel.
When choosing between these options, consider things like size, color, design, material used, etc., so that you get one that best suits your particular needs and tastes.
Tips and Tricks
Go Bold with Color
One of the most effective ways to create a fun and stylish jewelry cube is to choose bold colors. Pick two statement colors that you like so that they really stand out against each other, such as pink and blue or yellow and green. To give your cube even more personality, you can also add some contrasting elements such as metallic hardware or colorful tassels.
Mix and Match Different Materials
An easy way to create a one-of-a-kind look for your jewelry cube is to mix different textures. Choose materials like fabric or suede for a softer touch, while adding beads, sequins or embroidered patches will add an extra level of detail. You could also try experimenting with different patterns by using fabric prints such as stripes, polka dots or abstract shapes.
Let the Accessories Shine
The great thing about a jewelry cube is that it makes your accessories look amazing. Make sure that you use the right dividers and include compartments for smaller items like rings and earrings so that they don’t get lost in all the chaos. You can also fill up any empty space in your cube with filler materials such as velvet or paper shreds to make it look even more luxurious.
Ideas for Accessories
Organizing and storing jewelry can be a tedious task, but with the right equipment, it can become easier. A DIY jewelry cube is a great way to store and organize pieces of jewelry – from necklaces to earrings to rings. Here are some suggestions for accessories that can be used to enhance a jewelry cube:
- Dividers: Separating jewelry pieces in compartments or drawers makes them easier to find when needed. Dividers also make sorting by size, color, or other feature easier.
- Shelves: Adding shelves into the cube allows for storing larger items like watches more easily.
- Lighting: Adding lighting, especially backlighting or lighted compartments helps quickly identify items within the storage area.
- Organizers: A variety of organizers are available that allow for many different types of items to be stored within one answer. For example, mesh bags that hold small pieces together or trays specifically designed for earrings.
With the addition of a few simple accessories, creating an organized and well-designed DIY jewelry cube easy achievable. These accessories add functionality without detracting from the aesthetics of the piece. Adding dividers helps keep things sorted out while adding shelves with backlight lighting increases visibility within the cube. Organizers help contain smaller items and provide an extra layer of organization. With these add-ons, one will have taken their DIY jewelry cube from good to great.
Benefits of Having a DIY Jewelry Cube
Having a DIY jewelry cube is an ideal way to store your jewelry while also making sure that you maintain its aesthetic appeal. Whether it’s displaying those earrings you bought online or the necklace that your grandmother gave you, a DIY jewelry cube will look great in whatever room it is used in.
It’s much easier to find the aspects of your collection if they are organically and neatly arranged rather than cluttered in drawers. Moreover, assembling the perfect jewelry storage unit doesn’t need to break the bank as there are plenty of affordable options out there for anyone to make their own customization.
One of the main advantages of creating your own DIY Jewelry cube is that it allows you to make customizations for however complex or simple you want it. As some pieces may be heavier than others,being able to mix different materials according to their individual needs can ensure that everything holds up over time with no issues resulting from overloading a particular structure.
Having this level of control allows greater flexibility when arranging and organizing pieces according to style, color, material ect; instead of having generic shelves filled with items not easily found among one another. Where most standard units and hangers come with minimal space and unfulfilled needs, customizing one’s own means finding balance between design and practicality together at once.
Finally, just like every home improvement project, having a unique DIY projects such as a jewelry can be both satisfying and rewarding; not only in tangible terms but also psychologically. Just by taking on the challenge and seeing through each step until completion helps boost self-confidence while also providing a thoroughly enjoyable experience overflowing with satisfaction upon finally completing that dream piece.
Not only will it last through many years but will sure carry positive memories along with it too.
Welcome to my jewelry blog! My name is Sarah and I am the owner of this blog.
I love making jewelry and sharing my creations with others.
So whether you’re someone who loves wearing jewelry yourself or simply enjoys learning about it, be sure to check out my blog for insightful posts on everything related to this exciting topic!