Benefits of Inline CSS
There are several benefits to using an inline style sheet.
- It’s great for quick changes. With an inline style sheet, you can easily make on-the-fly changes to your website without having to edit the external CSS file. This can be beneficial if you need to make a quick change to the appearance of your website.
- You have absolute control. Since the rules are specified right within the HTML document, you have absolute control over how the element is styled. This is especially useful for overriding external rules.
- It can reduce the size of the total CSS. If you have many of the same styles on multiple elements, you can consolidate them in the inline style sheet. This reduces the total amount of code and can improve the performance of the website.
Disadvantages of Inline CSS
Inline styles come with some drawbacks as well.
- It’s not maintainable. Inline styles are not easily maintained. If you need to make any changes to the styling, you have to edit HTML code, which is often tedious and time-consuming.
- It adds to HTML bloat. Inline styles add to the total file size of the page, which can slow down page load times and negatively impact performance.
- It goes against the separation of concerns. When using inline styles, we are essentially breaking the separation of concerns between design and content. We should strive to keep the content of our HTML documents free from style rules.
How To Keep Jewelry From Tarnishing